Friday, April 15, 2011

Dirty Fighting Secrets of Judo

Judo is one my favorite martial arts to apply dirty fighting techniques. I will never forget sparring a guy who was a judo expert and every time I tried to get close to this guy, he would roll away from me. I have a very healthy respect for those who practice and know the secrets of judo.

One of the most dangerous moves I've seen in judo is a head or face lock. This particular judo technique is one that is not taught to many students. If you are to practice a head or face lock on a friend of yours, you could kill them, so please practice this move on a dummy. It is just too dangerous to practice on someone who is not a trained expert in judo!

The Most Dangerous Face Lock You Will Ever Use
When your attacker throws a punch, you parry the punch and and then cup the attackers head, while applying the face lock (you have your forearm up under his jaw). You will then put your hip into and start raising up. If you have done this technique properly your opponent will be bent over and your right forearm will be lifted up against his throat. This is one nasty lock to be in and it's very hard to get out of, without snapping your neck!
Please make sure that you have a professional instructor of judo with you, if you ever apply this on another judo expert for practice. This move is just to deadly to practice on a close friend or anyone for that matter. This technique is so powerful, that when you apply the upward pressure a little lock against your opponents throat, he will not be able to easily move his arms. In other words, he's not going to be able to punch you in the groin or reach up and over with a hook punch.

I Would Suggest Taking Some Judo Lessons Right Away

I think that it's deadly worth your time to take some judo lessons that get into the fundamentals of Throwing (nage waza), striking (atemi waza) and grappling (katame waza). This is really an interesting martial arts and a beautiful art form. I personally love the hip throws, which I've used successfully and the leg throws. You can use your legs to block or hold your opponent's legs and you can do is sweep or are reap.

Some of the most deadly strangulation and choking holds, I've ever seen are done judo. I also like the joint locks, such as the straight armlock and abet armlock, because both are very effective and simple to use. Judo is one of those martial arts that you need to have in your bag of tricks. Judo teaches you how to become a master of throwing and ground positioning. It is very hard to get your hands on a person who is doing a judo roll and I've tried, so instead of trying to catch a person rolling, I got smart and learn how to roll myself.
Judo is a wonderful martial art that is based on sound principles, that will help its students develop character. This is truly a martial art of self discovery and I am sure, that once you get a taste of judo, you will be going back for more.

     By Mark H Smith

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/4575781

0 comments:

Post a Comment